Meat lover's pizza
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small (80g) onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup (80ml) barbecue sauce
- 2 x 335g pizza crusts (26cm round)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups (200g) pizza cheese
- 1 stick (100g) cabanossi, sliced coarsely
- 50g sliced spicy salami, chopped coarsely
- NOTE: Pizzas can be prepared several hours ahead; cook just before serving.
Preheat the oven to hot (220°C/200°C fan-forced). Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft. Add the mince and cook, stirring, until well browned. Stir in paprika and 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, place the pizza crusts on baking trays. Combine the tomato paste with the remainder of the barbecue sauce and spread evenly over the pizza crusts. Sprinkle pizzas with half of the cheese. Top with the mince mixture, cabanossi, spicy salami and remaining pizza cheese.
Cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until crusts are crisp and topping is browned lightly. Serve with a green salad, if desired.
Uncooked, assembled pizzas suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Pizza cheese is a pre-grated mix of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
Photography by Brett Stevens.