Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Mushroom and cheese pizza
Photography: Joshua Dasey
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained, sliced
- 2 cups sliced or whole mixed mushrooms, such as swiss brown, shiitake, enoki
- Pizza Dough
- 2 cups (300g) flour, sifted
- 1 sachet (7g) active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. To make Pizza Dough, combine flour, yeast, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in combined water and half of oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until dough becomes too firm to stir. Using hands, continue working to make a ball of dough then turn out onto a floured surface. Knead dough with hands until smooth and elastic. Coat a large bowl with remaining oil and add dough, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until mixture doubles in size.
2. Preheat oven to 240°C or 220°C fan. Preheat two pizza stones, or grease two pizza pans or baking trays. Knock down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead very lightly. Halve dough and pat out each half to a 30cm round. Place on stones, pans or trays and gently press, pat and push dough outwards until it reaches edges, forming a thick rim.
3. Top with garlic, bocconcini and mushrooms. Drizzle a little olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and edges are golden brown. Serve.
Tip 1:This can be served warm or cold and makes a lovely dish for buffets and picnics, along with a crisp green salad. It may be prepared several hours ahead and then baked as required.