Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...
Mushroom and cheese pizza
Photography: Joshua Dasey
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained, sliced
- 2 cups sliced or whole mixed mushrooms, such as swiss brown, shiitake, enoki
- Pizza Dough
- 2 cups (300g) flour, sifted
- 1 sachet (7g) active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. To make Pizza Dough, combine flour, yeast, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in combined water and half of oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until dough becomes too firm to stir. Using hands, continue working to make a ball of dough then turn out onto a floured surface. Knead dough with hands until smooth and elastic. Coat a large bowl with remaining oil and add dough, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until mixture doubles in size.
2. Preheat oven to 240°C or 220°C fan. Preheat two pizza stones, or grease two pizza pans or baking trays. Knock down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead very lightly. Halve dough and pat out each half to a 30cm round. Place on stones, pans or trays and gently press, pat and push dough outwards until it reaches edges, forming a thick rim.
3. Top with garlic, bocconcini and mushrooms. Drizzle a little olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and edges are golden brown. Serve.
Tip 1:This can be served warm or cold and makes a lovely dish for buffets and picnics, along with a crisp green salad. It may be prepared several hours ahead and then baked as required.