Caffeine could cut your life short, but alcohol could lengthen itDrinking coffee and alcohol could change a section of DNA that's involved in ageing and cancer, according to Israeli researchers, with coffee appearing to shorten lifespan and alcohol lengthening it.
Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Canned Xmas dinner most depressing thing everA UK company has put out the ultimate single-serving meal for those who prefer to spend the festive season alone – an entire Christmas dinner with both sweet and savoury layer in a tin.
Fluffy cheese and mushroom omelette
4 stars - based on 15 reviews
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or water
- 40g butter
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eschallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 50g ham slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- toast, to serve
- In a large jug, whisk eggs and milk or water together. Season to taste.
- Melt half butter in an 18cm frying pan on medium heat. Saute mushrooms and eschallot for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a bowl with cheese and ham. Set aside.
- Wipe out pan. Melt 1 teaspoon remaining butter in same pan on medium until foaming. Add quarter egg mixture, tilting to coat base. Using a spatula, gently draw cooked egg to centre, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- When almost set, top evenly with quarter mushroom mixture. Fold over and cook 1 minute. Slide onto serving plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle omelettes with parsley, serve with toast.
- Have everything prepared in advance and cook omelettes when ready to eat.