Australia's first multi-capsule espresso machineWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Fluffy cheese and mushroom omelette
4 stars - based on 15 reviews
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or water
- 40g butter
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eschallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 50g ham slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- toast, to serve
- In a large jug, whisk eggs and milk or water together. Season to taste.
- Melt half butter in an 18cm frying pan on medium heat. Saute mushrooms and eschallot for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a bowl with cheese and ham. Set aside.
- Wipe out pan. Melt 1 teaspoon remaining butter in same pan on medium until foaming. Add quarter egg mixture, tilting to coat base. Using a spatula, gently draw cooked egg to centre, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- When almost set, top evenly with quarter mushroom mixture. Fold over and cook 1 minute. Slide onto serving plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle omelettes with parsley, serve with toast.
- Have everything prepared in advance and cook omelettes when ready to eat.