Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Fluffy cheese and mushroom omelette
4 stars - based on 15 reviews
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or water
- 40g butter
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eschallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 50g ham slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- toast, to serve
- In a large jug, whisk eggs and milk or water together. Season to taste.
- Melt half butter in an 18cm frying pan on medium heat. Saute mushrooms and eschallot for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a bowl with cheese and ham. Set aside.
- Wipe out pan. Melt 1 teaspoon remaining butter in same pan on medium until foaming. Add quarter egg mixture, tilting to coat base. Using a spatula, gently draw cooked egg to centre, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- When almost set, top evenly with quarter mushroom mixture. Fold over and cook 1 minute. Slide onto serving plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle omelettes with parsley, serve with toast.
- Have everything prepared in advance and cook omelettes when ready to eat.