5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 200g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 3 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, soda and cinnamon together. Fold into creamed mixture with nuts.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays, 5cm apart, and flatten slightly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can store these biscuits in an airtight container for about 1 week.