Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Warm octopus and olive salad
- 1kg cleaned baby octopus
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 small (50g) red onion, chopped finely
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (75g) seeded black olives
- 90g mesclun
- 125g grape tomatoes, halved
1. Place the octopus in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over octopus to cover; stand for 2 minutes, drain. Combine octopus in a large bowl with garlic, parsley, oregano, onion, bay leaves, oil, rind and juice. Cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the olives on a heated oiled barbecue plate (or grill or grill pan) until hot. Transfer to a medium bowl with the mesclun and tomatoes; toss gently.
3. Cook octopus on a heated oiled barbecue plate; add to salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.