Australia's first multi-capsule espresso machineWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Warm octopus and olive salad
- 1kg cleaned baby octopus
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 small (50g) red onion, chopped finely
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (75g) seeded black olives
- 90g mesclun
- 125g grape tomatoes, halved
1. Place the octopus in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over octopus to cover; stand for 2 minutes, drain. Combine octopus in a large bowl with garlic, parsley, oregano, onion, bay leaves, oil, rind and juice. Cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the olives on a heated oiled barbecue plate (or grill or grill pan) until hot. Transfer to a medium bowl with the mesclun and tomatoes; toss gently.
3. Cook octopus on a heated oiled barbecue plate; add to salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.