Fish oil could counteract junk food's affect on our brains: study reviewEating plenty of fish or taking fish oil capsules appears to undo some of the damage junk food can cause to our brains.
Coca-Cola recipe for sale for $15 millionAn American man is hoping to make a fortune by selling what he claims to be the original top-secret recipe for Coca-Cola.
Happiness can lead to overeating: studyIt's not just sadness that makes us reach for unhealthy comfort foods — a new study suggests that happiness is more likely to make us overeat
Warm octopus and olive salad
- 1kg cleaned baby octopus
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 small (50g) red onion, chopped finely
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (75g) seeded black olives
- 90g mesclun
- 125g grape tomatoes, halved
1. Place the octopus in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over octopus to cover; stand for 2 minutes, drain. Combine octopus in a large bowl with garlic, parsley, oregano, onion, bay leaves, oil, rind and juice. Cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the olives on a heated oiled barbecue plate (or grill or grill pan) until hot. Transfer to a medium bowl with the mesclun and tomatoes; toss gently.
3. Cook octopus on a heated oiled barbecue plate; add to salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.