Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Baked risotto: pancetta, sweet potato and sage
1 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 400g (14 oz) sweet potato (kumara), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 4 slices pancetta 40g (1 1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup torn sage leaves
- 1 1/2 cups arborio (or risotto) rice
- 4 1/2 cups (36 fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Unsalted butter for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C (355 Degrees F). Place the sweet potato and oil on a baking tray and toss to coat. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the extra oil and pancetta and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the sage and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Set aside.
Place the rice and stock in a 22 x 30cm (8 1/2 x 12 in) 10-cup (80 fl oz) capacity baking dish and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and cook for 40 minutes or until most of the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
Add the parmesan, salt, pepper, sweet potato and pancetta and stir to combine. Top with sage, drizzle with butter and serve immediately.
This recipe can be found in the new issue of the Donna Hay magazine, on sale from newsagents June 6