Peanut butter cup cakes
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1¼ cups (175g) plain flour
- ¾cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup (175ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (95g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons rice bran or peanut oil
- ½ cup (95g) dark chocolate bits, plus extra, to decorate
- ½ cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Place all cake ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 10-20 seconds to combine. Scrape sides and base of bowl with a spatula and pulse again until smooth. Fill prepared muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, make Peanut butter icing. Using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in icing sugar and milk. Spread over cakes and serve.