1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large bowl, toss sliced pears with warmed apricot jam until evenly coated. Add ground almonds, cinnamon and sultanas and stir to combine.
2. Lay three sheets of filo pastry onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Spoon half of the pear mixture into the middle of the filo pastry. Roll into a log shape, and tuck ends underneath.
3. Repeat with remaining three sheets of filo pastry and pear mixture.
4. Mix egg and sugar to combine and brush onto each strudel. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Cut strudels into even slices and serve while still warm, either on its own or with a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream.