Spicy dry-fried snake beans and pork
Photography: Joshua Dasey
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut or rice bran oil
- 500g snake beans, cut into 8cm lengths
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green onion (shallot), chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 300g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon chilli bean paste
- steamed rice, to serve
Combine vinegar, soy sauce, cornflour and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat half of oil in a wok on high. Stir-fry beans for 6-8 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining oil on high. Add garlic, green onion and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add pork mince and chilli bean paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until pork is cooked.
Return beans to pan, add vinegar and soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for another minute. Serve with steamed rice.