Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Curried fried rice with pork and wom bok
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 400g pork fillet or leg steaks, sliced thinly
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ small (175g) wom bok (Chinese cabbage), core removed, shredded
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 x 250g packets pre-cooked medium-grain brown rice
- 1½ tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 6 green onions (green shallots),
- finely sliced diagonally
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a non-stick wok over high heat. Add egg and swirl in the pan to form an omelette. Cook until almost set. Remove from wok; roll tightly and then slice thinly. Set aside.
Combine the pork and 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil to coat. Reheat wok over high heat. Cook pork in two batches until browned and just cooked. Set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in wok over medium heat; cook curry powder and garlic until fragrant. Add the wom bok, capsicum and peas, and stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until peas are bright green.
Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions. Add to wok with pork, soy sauce, half the egg and half the green onions. Toss gently.
Serve topped with remaining egg and green onions.