Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Crisp pork belly & lemon rice with broadbeans
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
Recipe by Loukie Werle. Photography William Meppem. Styling Kirsty Cassidy.
- Rock salt, to rub
- 2kg pork belly (ask butcher to score skin)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 200ml dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1½ cups (300g) basmati rice
- 200g fresh or frozen broadbeans
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
2. Rub a handful of rock salt into skin of pork. Stand for 30 minutes. Wipe off excess, then rub in garlic and cumin. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a roasting pan. Add pork, skin-side up. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (130°C fan) and cook for 2½ hours. Place under grill if crackling is not crisp. Rest pork on a wire rack to drain.
3. Leave all but 2 tablespoons of fat in pan. Place over medium-low heat. Stir in sherry and thyme, cook for a few minutes, scraping up any browned residue. Cut pork into cubes.
4. Cook rice, drain and toss with a little oil. Add broadbeans to a pot of salted, boiling water. When water returns to a boil, drain and rinse.
5. Combine rice, broadbeans, remaining oil, juice, green onion and coriander. Transfer to a serving plate and top with pork.