- 2 teaspoons vegetable or rice bran oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 400g Chinese barbecue pork, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- 8 Iceberg lettuce cups
Heat oils in a wok or frying pan over moderate heat. Stir-fry ginger and onion for 1 minute. Add pork and sauces; stir-fry 2-3 minutes until the pork is hot and glazed. Divide sprouts between lettuce cups; top with the pork mixture. Serve with extra hoisin sauce.
Serve as an entree with chopsticks. Or, roll filling in lettuce and eat using fingers. If barbecue pork is not available, brown pork mince in oil, then proceed with recipe.