Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Braised pork ribs with asian vegies
- Cooking oil spray
- 1kg pork belly ribs, cut in 5cm pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, cut in matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large red capsicum, cut in large dice
- 1 bunch (2-3 heads) baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- Steamed rice, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Lightly spray a large flameproof casserole with oil; preheat over high heat. Cook ribs until well-browned on all sides. Remove to a plate. Drain fat from pan.
2. Cook onion, ginger and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes, until onion is soft. Return ribs to pan. Combine sauces, honey and 1⁄2 cup water; pour over ribs and bring to the boil. Cover. Bake for 1 hour until ribs are tender.
3. Remove ribs from pan; cover and keep warm. Skim any fat from braising liquid; add capsicum. Place pan over moderate heat; bring liquid to the boil. Add bok choy and stir until it wilts. Serve vegetables and sauce with ribs, and rice if you like.
Recipe is not suitable for freezing; store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Boneless pork belly ribs are also called thick pork rashers or pork spare ribs – not to be confused with American-style spare ribs that are mostly bone. This is also good with beef short ribs or lamb riblets.