Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi (10 mins)
- 625g (1/4 pounds) fresh potato gnocchi
- 375g (12 ounces) assorted mushrooms,
- sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) pouring cream
- 90g (3 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1/3cup (25g) finely grated parmesan cheese
1 Cook gnocchi in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
2 Meanwhile, cook mushrooms and garlic in heated oiled large frying pan, stirring, until softened. Add cream and spinach; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until spinach wilts and sauce thickens. Stir in half the cheese. Season to taste.
3 Add gnocchi to pan, stir gently. Serve gnocchi topped with remaining cheese.
nutritional count per serving
36.2g total fat (23.4g saturated fat); 2458kJ (588 cal); 48.2g carbohydrate; 14.4g protein;
Tip It is fine to use just one 300ml carton of cream for this recipe.