Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.