Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.