Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Authentic fried riceI'm going to attempt to unravel the myth of cooking fried rice for you. Because we all know that the fried rice you get from the local take away can never be recreated at home. Or can it?
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.