McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.