How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.