Inside the world's most expensive restaurantBored of eating out? Then make reservations at a new restaurant in Spain that has promised a to revolutionise fine dining – but be warned the one-of-a-kind meal costs $2000 per person.
Edible flowers could help prevent cancer and heart disease: studyUsing edible flowers in food is usually the domain of gourmet Asian foodies, but now research suggests that the pretty garnishes might have health benefits too.
Warm eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to douse it in flavour-rich ingredients that soak into its creamy sponginess and make it excellent.
Potato and cauliflower hash
- cauliflower, ½, cut
- into florets
- olive oil, ¼ cup
- potatoes, 600g, peeled, cubed
- cooked angel hair pasta, 2 cups
- rindless bacon, 3 rashers, roughly chopped
- onion, 1 small, roughly chopped
- dried mixed herbs,
- 2 teaspoons
- eggs, 4
- tomato relish, to serve
- Blanch cauliflower 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan on medium. Saute potato 5-6 minutes, until golden. Add pasta, bacon, onion and herbs, cooking a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan, making 4 indents with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, until potato is tender and eggs are cooked. Serve with tomato relish.