Things that surprised us about coffee more than caffeine itselfIf there's one day of the year you'd struggle to get through without a mug of coffee, it's International Coffee Day. That day is today, even in a couple of countries that tried to ban it three or...
Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.