McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.