Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.