Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Meat and cheese could be as bad for you as smokingPeople who eat a diet high in animal protein in middle age are four times more likely to die from cancer than people who eat more plant-based foods, according to a study.
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.