Inside the world's most expensive restaurantBored of eating out? Then make reservations at a new restaurant in Spain that has promised a to revolutionise fine dining – but be warned the one-of-a-kind meal costs $2000 per person.
Edible flowers could help prevent cancer and heart disease: studyUsing edible flowers in food is usually the domain of gourmet Asian foodies, but now research suggests that the pretty garnishes might have health benefits too.
Warm eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to douse it in flavour-rich ingredients that soak into its creamy sponginess and make it excellent.
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.