Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Prawns with chilli dipping sauce
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1.5kg cooked prawns
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) chilli sauce
- Tabasco, lime juice, to taste
1. To make Chilli Dipping Sauce, combine coriander, onion, chilli and sauces in a medium bowl. Add a few dashes of Tabasco and a good squeeze of lime juice to taste. Mix well and spoon into one or two smaller bowls.
2. Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Serve with Chilli Dipping Sauce and lime wedges.
Tip 1: To make it easier on your guests, serve the prawns shelled, deveined and with tails intact.
Tip 2: Keep the dipping sauce covered, or in jars with lids, in the fridge for up to one week.