Thai green prawn curry
5 stars - based on 6 reviews
- 24 (1kg) medium uncooked prawns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (75g) Thai green curry paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stick lemon grass, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 150g snake beans, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (50g) fresh or frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Thai basil or sweet basil leaves, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
1. Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Cut along the centre back of prawns, without cutting all the way through, to "butterfly".
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan; cook curry paste, lime leaves and lemon grass over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk, the water, sauce, beans and peas. Simmer, stirring, until beans and peas are almost tender.
3. Add prawns; cook for about 1 minute or until prawns are just cooked through. Stir in sugar. Season to taste with extra fish sauce or sugar, if needed. Remove lemon grass and lime leaves before serving
4. Serve curry with basil, lime and steamed jasmine rice, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.