Malaysian sambal prawns
5 stars - based on 10 reviews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons sambal olek paste
- 250g snake beans, cut into 6cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 long red chilli, sliced (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- steamed jasmine rice and lime
- wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large wok on medium. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes, until almost softened.
- Add prawns and sambal, stir-frying for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and prawns just change colour.
- Add beans, sugar and soy. Continue to stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until prawns are just cooked through. Toss through chilli, if liked.
- Drizzle over a few drops of sesame oil. Serve with steamed rice and lime wedges.
- Chicken can be used instead of prawns, but don't forget to increase cooking time slightly.
- Adjust the amount of sambal chilli paste to suit your taste.