- 1kg green king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced lemon grass
- 3 tablespoons bran Oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- Lime wedges and extra basil, to serve (optional)
1. Place prawns, chilli, garlic and lemon grass in a bowl; add 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss well to combine. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan over moderately-high heat. Add remaining oil. Stir-fry prawns for 3-4 minutes until cooked, curled and pink. Transfer to a serving plate.
3. Add juice and wine to pan; simmer until reduced by half. Stir through onion and herbs; season with salt and black pepper. Pour mixture over prawns. Garnish and serve at once.
Leave tail shells intact when serving prawns as finger food; remove if serving with a fork. Serve with crusty bread.