1. Soak 16 small bamboo skewers in cold water to prevent them burning.
2. Process lemongrass, coriander, ground rice, sugar and juice until a thick paste forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. With a sharp knife, cut the prawns along the underside without cutting all the way through. Open out each prawn lightly
by flattening with the palm of your hand. Press 1 teaspoon of the lemongrass paste along the cut. Insert skewers into prawns.
4. Brush the prawns lightly with oil. Cook on a heated barbecue or frying pan until the prawns are browned lightly on both sides and just cooked through.
5. Serve the prawn skewers with lime wedges.
Skewered uncooked prawns suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.