Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Chickpea, beetroot and pumpkin salad
5 stars - based on 2 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 600g beetroot, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic dressing (see tip)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 110g goat's cheese, crumbled, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Combine beetroot, oil and garlic in a large baking dish. Season to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Place pumpkin in same baking dish, away from beetroot. Bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Combine chickpeas, oil and white balsamic dressing in a jug.
4. Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpea mixture and spinach in a bowl and toss gently. Serve topped with goat's cheese.
Tip: Eat up brightly coloured vegetables such as beetroot and pumpkin are packed with beneficial antioxidants. White balsamic dressing is available from the vinegar section of Coles supermarkets.