How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Chickpea, beetroot and pumpkin salad
5 stars - based on 2 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 600g beetroot, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic dressing (see tip)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 110g goat's cheese, crumbled, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Combine beetroot, oil and garlic in a large baking dish. Season to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Place pumpkin in same baking dish, away from beetroot. Bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Combine chickpeas, oil and white balsamic dressing in a jug.
4. Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpea mixture and spinach in a bowl and toss gently. Serve topped with goat's cheese.
Tip: Eat up brightly coloured vegetables such as beetroot and pumpkin are packed with beneficial antioxidants. White balsamic dressing is available from the vinegar section of Coles supermarkets.