Spiced eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to embrace the eggplant and douse it in as many flavour-rich ingredients as I can.
Energy drinks change the way the heart beats: studyDrinking energy drinks that are high in caffeine and taurine leads to increased heart contraction rates an hour after drinking, according to German researchers.
Food guilt leads to weight gain: studyWhen you're trying to be healthy, it's easy to feel guilty for polishing off a piece of chocolate cake or a bowl of fries — but psychologists say that feeling guilty is likely to limit your...
Chickpea, beetroot and pumpkin salad
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 600g beetroot, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic dressing (see tip)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 110g goat's cheese, crumbled, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Combine beetroot, oil and garlic in a large baking dish. Season to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Place pumpkin in same baking dish, away from beetroot. Bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Combine chickpeas, oil and white balsamic dressing in a jug.
4. Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpea mixture and spinach in a bowl and toss gently. Serve topped with goat's cheese.
Tip: Eat up brightly coloured vegetables such as beetroot and pumpkin are packed with beneficial antioxidants. White balsamic dressing is available from the vinegar section of Coles supermarkets.