Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Chickpea, beetroot and pumpkin salad
5 stars - based on 2 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 600g beetroot, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic dressing (see tip)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 110g goat's cheese, crumbled, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Combine beetroot, oil and garlic in a large baking dish. Season to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Place pumpkin in same baking dish, away from beetroot. Bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Combine chickpeas, oil and white balsamic dressing in a jug.
4. Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpea mixture and spinach in a bowl and toss gently. Serve topped with goat's cheese.
Tip: Eat up brightly coloured vegetables such as beetroot and pumpkin are packed with beneficial antioxidants. White balsamic dressing is available from the vinegar section of Coles supermarkets.