Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...
Chickpea, beetroot and pumpkin salad
5 stars - based on 2 reviews
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 600g beetroot, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic dressing (see tip)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 110g goat's cheese, crumbled, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Combine beetroot, oil and garlic in a large baking dish. Season to taste. Bake for 10 minutes. Place pumpkin in same baking dish, away from beetroot. Bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Combine chickpeas, oil and white balsamic dressing in a jug.
4. Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpea mixture and spinach in a bowl and toss gently. Serve topped with goat's cheese.
Tip: Eat up brightly coloured vegetables such as beetroot and pumpkin are packed with beneficial antioxidants. White balsamic dressing is available from the vinegar section of Coles supermarkets.