Pasta with pumpkin and tofu sauce
- 500g peeled, seeded Jap pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g packet silken tofu, drained
- 400g favourite wholemeal pasta
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, garlic, rosemary and oil in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Scatter on tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pumpkin is soft. Cool for 5 minutes.
2. Peel roasted garlic; place in a food processor with pumpkin and tofu. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of boiling water for 10-14 minutes until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain; return to saucepan. Immediately stir through spinach, until just wilted. Transfer to serving bowls; top with pumpkin sauce, pine nuts, parmesan and parsley.
Use wholemeal spaghetti or spirals.