Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Raspberry and ricotta tart
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, 1/4 cup (55g) extra
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 100g butter, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons iced water
- 1 ½ cups (300g) fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 x 125g punnets raspberries
1. Place flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, lemon rind and butter in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. With motor running, gradually add enough water until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and bring dough together. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Lightly grease a 23cm pie plate.
3. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 3mm thickness. Ease into prepared pie plate and trim edges. Chill for 20 minutes. Line tart shell with baking paper and fill with rice or dry beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and rice and bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat ricotta, cream, extra sugar, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Pour into tart shell and bake for 30 minutes, until just set. Refrigerate until cold.
5. Arrange raspberries over tart just before serving.
Extra raspberry recipes
1. For raspberries with kirsch, place 2 punnets raspberries and 1 punnet blueberries in a bowl. Add 1/3 cup icing sugar and 1/3 cup kirsch and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 2 hours. Serve topped with thick cream or ice-cream.
2. For a delicious topping for a pavlova or filling for a swiss roll, stir 250g mascarpone until smooth. Add 1-2 punnets of raspberries and 2 tablespoons icing sugar and mix well. Spread over pavlova or use to fill a swiss roll.
Tip: This tart also works wonders with strawberries, mixed berries or mango.