Heart-healthy seafood with tomato rice
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
PHOTOGRAPHY BY JOHN PAUL URIZAR STYLING BY DEBBIE KALOPER
- 500g medium green (uncooked) prawns
- 400g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) onion, chopped finely
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock or water
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- baby spinach leaves, for serving
1. Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Cut salmon into 3cm chunks. Combine seafood, half the garlic and the lemon rind in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until required.
2. Heat oil in a medium frying pan; add onion and remaining garlic, cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add the rice, stir to coat in onion mixture.
3. Add the stock and undrained tomatoes to the pan, stir until combined. Bring the rice mixture to the boil, cover, simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. Place the seafood mixture over the rice mixture. Cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes until seafood is just cooked. Sprinkle with parsley.
5. Serve with baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.