Fish oil could counteract junk food's affect on our brains: study reviewEating plenty of fish or taking fish oil capsules appears to undo some of the damage junk food can cause to our brains.
Coca-Cola recipe for sale for $15 millionAn American man is hoping to make a fortune by selling what he claims to be the original top-secret recipe for Coca-Cola.
Happiness can lead to overeating: studyIt's not just sadness that makes us reach for unhealthy comfort foods — a new study suggests that happiness is more likely to make us overeat
Ricotta, lime and strawberry cheesecake
- sponge finger biscuits, 250g packet
- low-fat ricotta, 500g
- caster sugar, 1/3 cup
- lime, 1, zest, plus 2 tablespoons juice
- light cream, 300ml
- powdered gelatine, 1 tablespoon
- just-boiled water, ¼ cup
- egg-whites, 3
- strawberries, 2 x 250g punnets, hulled, halved
- low-joule strawberry jam, ¼ cup, strained
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper, extending 2cm above rim.
- Line pan with sponge fingers to cover base completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat ricotta, sugar and zest together, until smooth. Beat in juice and cream.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water, whisking with a fork to dissolve. Beat into cheesecake mixture.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form. Lightly fold into ricotta mixture. Pour over sponge base. Chill overnight until set.
- Arrange strawberries over cheesecake to cover. Brush with jam. Remove from pan, using paper to lift. Cut into slices to serve.
- This makes a great low-fat option and is perfect to serve as a light dessert. Accompany with no-fat yoghurt, fruche or light ice-cream, if liked.