Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Trout with almonds and steamed spinach
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 600g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 bunches english spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley and chives
1. Place potatoes in a steamer. Cover and steam over a pan of simmering water for 10 minutes until just tender. Add spinach and steam another 3-5 minutes, until wilted.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on high. Coat trout in flour, shaking off any excess. Cook for 3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to warm plates.
3. Melt butter in same pan, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in lemon juice, almonds and herbs. Season to taste. Serve trout with potatoes and spinach and drizzle with sauce.