French cafe offers discount to polite customersThe proprieties of a cafe in the south of France have struck out against their countrymen's legendary rudeness.
Why millions are giving up diet drinksNutritionists are celebrating the news that diet soft drink sales have fallen by almost seven percent in the US this year.
Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Trout with almonds and steamed spinach
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 600g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 bunches english spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley and chives
1. Place potatoes in a steamer. Cover and steam over a pan of simmering water for 10 minutes until just tender. Add spinach and steam another 3-5 minutes, until wilted.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on high. Coat trout in flour, shaking off any excess. Cook for 3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to warm plates.
3. Melt butter in same pan, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in lemon juice, almonds and herbs. Season to taste. Serve trout with potatoes and spinach and drizzle with sauce.