Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Pasta, corn and capsicum bake
3 stars - based on 9 reviews
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup macaroni (elbows, spirals or bow ties)
- 6-8 green onions, cut into short lengths
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (or use canned)
- 1 red capsicum, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into slivers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-reduced evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or parsley
- ½ cup packed shredded 25 per cent fat reduced tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fanforced. Lightly spray a 5-6 cup baking dish with oil.
2. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 7 minutes. Add onion, corn and capsicum; return to the boil and cook 2 minutes more. Drain; transfer to prepared dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk and dill. Add tasty cheese; season with salt and black pepper. Stir mixture through pasta. Spr½inkle with parmesan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set and golden.
TIPS: Serve warm or cold.