McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Pasta, corn and capsicum bake
4 stars - based on 8 reviews
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup macaroni (elbows, spirals or bow ties)
- 6-8 green onions, cut into short lengths
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (or use canned)
- 1 red capsicum, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into slivers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-reduced evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or parsley
- ½ cup packed shredded 25 per cent fat reduced tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fanforced. Lightly spray a 5-6 cup baking dish with oil.
2. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 7 minutes. Add onion, corn and capsicum; return to the boil and cook 2 minutes more. Drain; transfer to prepared dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk and dill. Add tasty cheese; season with salt and black pepper. Stir mixture through pasta. Spr½inkle with parmesan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set and golden.
TIPS: Serve warm or cold.