Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Pasta, corn and capsicum bake
4 stars - based on 8 reviews
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup macaroni (elbows, spirals or bow ties)
- 6-8 green onions, cut into short lengths
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (or use canned)
- 1 red capsicum, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into slivers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-reduced evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or parsley
- ½ cup packed shredded 25 per cent fat reduced tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fanforced. Lightly spray a 5-6 cup baking dish with oil.
2. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 7 minutes. Add onion, corn and capsicum; return to the boil and cook 2 minutes more. Drain; transfer to prepared dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk and dill. Add tasty cheese; season with salt and black pepper. Stir mixture through pasta. Spr½inkle with parmesan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set and golden.
TIPS: Serve warm or cold.