Tasty vanilla muffins
3 stars - based on 15 reviews
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons full cream milk
- 350g sifted icing sugar
- food colouring of your choice
- 3 tablespoons hot water
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Mix all batter ingredients in a bowl, except milk.
When smooth, add milk and mix until you reach a smooth batter.
Pour into patty pans and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool.
To make icing, mix water with icing sugar until runny and smooth. Add food colouring.
Once cakes are cool, spread icing onto muffins.