Easy paella for $10
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped cooked leftover chicken (see tip)
- 12 mussels, cleaned
- 1½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup stuffed green olives, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute tomatoes, capsicum, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until onion is tender. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until coated in oil.
- Stir in stock, juice, turmeric and bay leaf. Season to taste. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir through chicken, mussels and peas. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, until mussels open (discard any unopened ones). Serve garnished with olives.
Instead of leftover chicken, you can use 2 chicken thigh fillets, chopped and cooked.