4 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 2 x 30cm pizza bases
- 1 sachet (7g) instant dried yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Pinch sugar
- 1¾ cups strong plain flour (baker's flour, or "00")
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Large mixing bowl
- Tea towel
- Rolling pin
1. Make dough Combine yeast, water and sugar in jug. Set aside for 7 mins, until mixture is foaming.
2. Meanwhile, combine flour and salt in mixing bowl and make a well in centre. Add foaming mix and olive oil to well and stir with fork to almost combine. Using hands, combine mixture until it forms a dough.
3. Knead Remove dough from bowl and knead for 8 to 10 mins on a clean flat surface, until dough is smooth with elastic consistency. Sprinkle a little extra flour in bottom of bowl and return dough to bowl.
4. Prove Dust top of dough with a little more flour. Cover with tea towel and leave in a warm, dry place for about 1 hour, until dough has doubled in size.
5. Knock back Punch dough with your fist to push air out. Remove from bowl and knead for 2 to 3 mins on flat surface. Divide into 2 balls. Your dough is now ready to be rolled (if desired) and topped.
We used a rolling pin to create perfect pizza bases, but for a crust that's textured, bubbly and a little uneven, use your hands to stretch the dough out to form a more rustic base.