3 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chopped
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegemite, or to taste
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter. Stir in ¼ cup cheese.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in milk. Using a bread and butter knife, mix quickly to a soft sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board. Knead gently, then press out to a rectangle about 5mm thick, long side facing you.
- Using a spatula, spread Vegemite completely over dough. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Roll dough up like a Swiss roll. Slice into 1.5cm slices. Arrange cut-side up on tray in a circle or other shape, slightly overlapping.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until base sounds hollow when tapped. Cool slightly and serve.