Red pesto spaghetti with rocket and haloumi
5 stars - based on 3 reviews
Photography and props styling Katie Quinn Davies
- 500g spaghetti
- 250g haloumi cheese, torn into small pieces
- ½ cup (115g) semi sundried tomatoes, chopped roughly
- ½ cup (150g) roasted capsicum, chopped roughly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cup cashew nuts
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Extra grated parmesan, to serve
- Sharp knife
- Fine grater
- Large saucepan
- Non-stick baking tray
- Food processor
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
Cook pasta Bring saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve ¾ cup pasta water. Return spaghetti to saucepan and turn off heat.
Bake haloumi Meanwhile, place torn haloumi on baking tray and cook in oven for 8 to 10 mins, until nicely golden.
Make pesto While haloumi is baking, place sundried tomatoes, roasted capsicum, garlic, cashews and parmesan in bowl of food processor and chop finely. With motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil down spout to emulsify pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve Stir pesto, reserved pasta water, rocket and golden haloumi through spaghetti. Place into serving bowls and top with a sprinkling of shredded basil and parmesan.