Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Barbecued flatbread pizzas
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 3 cups bread flour (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal, to dust
- ½ cup tomato passata
- 500g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g thinly sliced proscuitto
- basil leaves, to serve
- In a jug, combine water, oil and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over. Set aside for 5 minutes until foamy. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl.
- Pour yeast mixture into flour and mix to a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to prove in a warm place for 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Preheat hooded barbecue to very hot, 220°C . Lightly dust 4 large pizza trays with cornmeal.
- Punch dough down with fist to release gas. Knead for a few minutes. Divide into 4. Press or roll each to 4mm in thickness. Transfer to trays. Press to fit.
- Rest trays on a wire rack over barbecue plate. Barbecue, covered, for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Spread bases with passata. Top with mozzarella, tomatoes and prosciutto. Barbecue, covered, for further 5- 7 minutes. Sprinkle with basil to serve.
- Bread flour and 00 flour (high-gluten flours) are both suitable. They're found in the baking section of large supermarkets.