Goan fish curry
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 1x 125g SunRice Quick Cups Basmati per person
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 small red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500g fish fillets (eg. Ling ), cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- coriander leaves, to serve
1. Heat 1 x 125g SunRice Quick Cups Basmati per person. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook onion, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add garlic, ginger, spices, chilli and mustard seeds; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add curry leaves, tamarind paste, coconut milk and salt, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add fish and tomatoes; gently simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas and simmer 1 minute longer.
5. Serve with SunRice Quick Cups Basmati and serve with curry and coriander leaves.
Use SunRice Long Grain White Rice or 2 x 250g SunRice Indian. Aromatic Basmati Rice in 90 seconds.
For convenience, yellow curry paste can replace spices.