Spanish chicken paella
3 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 cups (400g) SunRice Arborio Mediterranean Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup peas
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup black olives (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frying pan over moderately high heat. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add remaining oil. Cook onion, garlic and rice for 2 minutes. Stir in stock, tomatoes, paste and sauce. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add peas, capsicum and olives and simmer for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked. Serve sprinkled with parsley.