Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Thai prawn and rice salad
4 stars - based on 13 reviews
- 1 x 125g Quick Cups Jasmine Rice
- 250g cooked peeled prawns
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 small size cucumber cut into half and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 bunch fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 deseeded sliced red chilli
1. In a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients.
2. In a large bowl combine all other ingredients. Pour the dressing over and toss together.
For more heat increase the amount of chilli.
You could use flaked salmon or tuna instead of prawns.