Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Meat and cheese could be as bad for you as smokingPeople who eat a diet high in animal protein in middle age are four times more likely to die from cancer than people who eat more plant-based foods, according to a study.
Thai prawn and rice salad
4 stars - based on 13 reviews
- 1 x 125g Quick Cups Jasmine Rice
- 250g cooked peeled prawns
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 small size cucumber cut into half and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 bunch fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 deseeded sliced red chilli
1. In a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients.
2. In a large bowl combine all other ingredients. Pour the dressing over and toss together.
For more heat increase the amount of chilli.
You could use flaked salmon or tuna instead of prawns.