Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Meat and cheese could be as bad for you as smokingPeople who eat a diet high in animal protein in middle age are four times more likely to die from cancer than people who eat more plant-based foods, according to a study.
Beef red curry with coriander rice
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 2 cups (400g) SunRice Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, or to taste
- 500g lean beef (rump, sirloin, fillet), chopped
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 400ml can coconut cream
1. Combine rice and water in saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and stand, covered, while curry is prepared.
3. Heat oil in pan over moderately high heat. Add curry paste and beef and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat and add beans and coconut cream and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes until beans are tender.
4. Stir coriander through rice and serve with red curry.
Be sure pan is very hot before adding oil, so oil does not burn. Allow oil to heat before adding beef so meat does not stew.
For optimum results, rinse the rice before cooking, 2 to 3 times in a bowl and drain well before cooking