Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Beef red curry with coriander rice
3 stars - based on 3 reviews
- 2 cups (400g) SunRice Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, or to taste
- 500g lean beef (rump, sirloin, fillet), chopped
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 400ml can coconut cream
1. Combine rice and water in saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and stand, covered, while curry is prepared.
3. Heat oil in pan over moderately high heat. Add curry paste and beef and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat and add beans and coconut cream and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes until beans are tender.
4. Stir coriander through rice and serve with red curry.
Be sure pan is very hot before adding oil, so oil does not burn. Allow oil to heat before adding beef so meat does not stew.
For optimum results, rinse the rice before cooking, 2 to 3 times in a bowl and drain well before cooking