The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Beef red curry with coriander rice
3 stars - based on 3 reviews
- 2 cups (400g) SunRice Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, or to taste
- 500g lean beef (rump, sirloin, fillet), chopped
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 400ml can coconut cream
1. Combine rice and water in saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and stand, covered, while curry is prepared.
3. Heat oil in pan over moderately high heat. Add curry paste and beef and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Lower heat and add beans and coconut cream and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes until beans are tender.
4. Stir coriander through rice and serve with red curry.
Be sure pan is very hot before adding oil, so oil does not burn. Allow oil to heat before adding beef so meat does not stew.
For optimum results, rinse the rice before cooking, 2 to 3 times in a bowl and drain well before cooking